Teledentistry is the delivery of dental services, through the use of technology, when the dental provider and patient are not in the same physical location. Electronically-transmitted information may be used for diagnosis, treatment, follow-up and/or patient education, and may include any of the following:
- Patient medical records.
- Dental images
- Interactive audio, video, and/or data communications.
- Output data from medical devices and sound and video files.
By creating an account, I understand and agree to the following:
- I understand that my teledentistry visit will be conducted through the teledentistry platform offered by Dentist Online Ontario Services Inc.
- I understand that during my teledentistry visit, Dentist Online Ontario Services Inc and Affiliates will follow all privacy rules and regulations set out by The Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario (“IPC”), the Personal Information and Protection and Electronic DocumentsAct (“PIPEDA”).
- I understand that my teledentistry visit will be conducted by a dentist who will follow all rules and regulations set out by their regulatory body in their province.
- I understand that only the clinic staff in the teledentistry room dentist on teleconference are privy to my visit and are bound by all privacy rules and regulations applicable therein.
- I understand that the results of my teledentistry visit and consultation cannot be guaranteed or assured and that my condition may not be cured or improved.
Patient Acknowledgement and Consent
I agree to have the telemedicine session (either for myself or as I am the parent/guardian or substitute decision maker for another patient) audio taped, video taped, messaging saved. I understand the following:
- I am not required and am under no obligation to have my (or the) telemedicine session recorded.
- My care (or the care of the patient) will not be affected by my decision to record the telemedicine session.
- I have the right to ask that the recording be stopped at any time during my (or the patient’s) session.
- I understand that the recording can become a part of my health record (or the health record of the patient) at the health care facility of the consulting site.
- I understand my consultation may be recorded and used for teaching, training, quality improvement.